Sussex crab tian, avocado, confit tomato, dill and espelette piment tuile with cocktail sauce…
Another mouth watering recipe from French Chef Michel BRU
Michel BRU is a French chef with 17 years of experience. He has been passionate about food since his childhood.
His work has taken him to the best French restaurants and hotels in the most beautiful places.
In 1998, when he was just 16, he began his culinary career. He started his apprenticeship in “L’Aubergade” restaurant in Jouars-Pontchartrain in France. He worked in a very small team, where he soon learnt to take responsibility for all manners of kitchen tasks. “L’Aubergade” was the place that taught him to prepare homemade foie gras, smokies, French black pudding (boudin noir), lamb, filet of beef and many other dishes.
Difficulty: Very easy
400g White crab meat
1 small shallot
1 tbsp fresh coriander
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp ketchup
3 drops tabasco
1 tsp brandy
1 tsp mayonnaise
2 drops lemon juice
1 sprig of thyme
1 clove of garlic
1 bay leave
1 filet of olive oil
1 large egg white
30g plain flour
30g butter, melted
1 tsp espellete pepper
1 tbsp dill
- Confit tomato – Boil your tomato for 20secondes, then cool it down. Remove the skin of the tomato. Cut it in 4, then remove the inside of the tomato. Spread the tomatoes, cut side down, on a baking sheet spaced about 1/2 inch apart. On each tomato, put one fine slice of garlic, thyme, bay leave and olive oil. Roast the tomatoes until they’re shriveled and dark red but still hold their shape, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cocktail sauce – Combine together: mayonnaise, ketchup, tabasco, brandy, salt and pepper
- Dill and espellete tuile – Set the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4 – Put the egg white in a medium bowl. Whisk it lightly then sift in the flour and mix in the melted butter. Add dill, roughly chopped, and espelette pepper. Spread it a little using the back of the spoon, then bake for 9-10mins.
- Avocado – Slice the avocado in half lengthwise then remove skin and pit. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Blend the avocado flesh to get a smooth paste. Add lemon juice, salt, pepper and mayonnaise
- Crab tian – Combine together : Crab meat, 1 tbsp of cocktail sauce, finely chopped shallots, and fresh coriander
- In a pastry cutter put 1/4 of your crab mix, then take the cutter out. On the side make an avocado quenelle with two big tablespoon. With a squeezy bottle, put the extra of cocktail sauce on the plate then add your tuile on the top of the crab tian.
If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact me. I will be happy to help you.
Check his web site for a range of recipes… michel-bru.com